Daraja Countdown Checklist
Please use this checklist as a reference guide for completing a successful Daraja event at your church.
- Thoroughly read and return signed contract and travel deposit (made payable to Daraja Children’s Choir).
- If concert is in an outside venue, book venue for confirmed date.
- If concert is in partnership with other churches in your area, please list the partnering churches on the bottom of your contract.
- Download and explore the contents of your promotional kit found at www.darajachoir.org/promokit.
- Print posters and hang in local businesses, schools and send to other churches and organizations in your area.
- Select host home using the Host Home Selection Guide. You will need 7 Host Homes and 2 Hospitality Homes and we encourage a list of 2-3 back-up homes should a host need to drop out.
- Send press release to your local media (newspapers & radio).
- Contact local TV & radio stations about promoting and covering the choir’s visit to your city.
- Print handouts and posters to promote the event on Sundays leading up to the date.
- Encourage your church members/event team to distribute them in the community.
- Begin using the screens provided as part of your pre-service announcements.
- Confirm your list of host homes (8+ back-ups).
- Choose volunteers and make plans for meal provided to Daraja team on concert day.
Please do not provide a dessert for the preconcert meal.
- Educate your host homes and back-ups by emailing the link to the Host home Guide: www.darajachoir.org/hosthome.
- Locate a “doctor on call” as mentioned in the contract (a pediatrician, general physician or physician’s assistant to be on call during our stay). This person can be a member of your church, community or from a local clinic, and must be able to write prescriptions. This person does not need to check in, simply be available if the need arises.
- If you want to sponsor an activity for the choir during our stay, it is best to send information to Shelby at least 3 weeks in advance. Because the children’s school work and education will always take precedence, we like to have as much advance notice as possible to ensure we can fit in the time for any activity if your church is interested.
- Reserve rooms for Daraja at the church:
• 2 costume changing rooms
• If changing rooms are not carpeted, 1-2 carpeted rooms for nap time
• Room(s) with 4 long tables and seating for 19 (17 children & 2 staff) for school time
• 1 room or area for Daraja staff to work in
- Audio & Video: Please have your tech team contact Clinton Hicks at Clinton@410bridge.org with any questions or concerns.
- Begin showing the Daraja intro clip on your church’s social media pages, website, and in your church announcements.
- Show the promotional videos to your congregation before services
- We will need a church-trained video tech available for the concert to assist us with the Daraja media we will bring.
- Need ushers to take up the offering during the concert.
- Need 2-4 greeters to assist with handing out programs before the concert.
- Need financial officer or volunteers available to count and sort the offering after the concert.
- Make financial officer aware that we will need a check the night of the concert to convert cash and any checks made out to the church into a single check made payable to Daraja Children’s Choir.
- Please make the head pastoral staff aware that the Choir holds a private devotional 30 minutes prior to the concert. We encourage and welcome the participation of the pastoral staff in this devotion. No host homes or guests are permitted, as this time is critical to the spiritual preparation for the worship experience.
- Set up call with tour leaders
- Clinton Hicks: 940-704-3155
- Shelby Hicks: 940-632-9099
- Join us in praying over the Host Homes and the encounters that God has designed and will allow to play out as we arrive.
- Rely heavily on the Daraja Promo Kit for creating excitement that Daraja is one week away!
- Pray for your Church Family to have receptive hearts and awakened souls for Christ through the Daraja experience.
- Pray for your surrounding community to be stunned by the JOY and LOVE that will be expressed from seeing the Choir and worshiping our great God.
- Confirm with Tour Leader the Choir’s time and meeting place.
- School rooms available (4 long tables that can seat 19)
- Changing rooms available for us to unload costumes and luggage
- Host home roster completed and available for Tour Leader
- Access to the concert venue for us to unload and set up sound system
- 4 tables for the Daraja store and child sponsorship tables (no table cloths necessary)
- Name and contact information for the doctor on call
THANK YOU for helping us create the most worshipful Daraja Choir experience!
It is our prayer that you’ll never be the same!